Materials to Increase Minority Participation in Clinical Trials
The Materials to Increase Minority Participation in Clinical Trials (MIMICT) II is a free activity comprised of four modules to help rheumatologists and non-rheumatology providers understand the reasons for low participation among minorities in lupus clinical trials. With MIMICT II, you receive:
- Four modules
- 10 multiple-choice questions with in-depth answer rationales
- Up to 1.0 ABIM MOC points and 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™ with a passing score of 80% or higher
Rheumatologists, primary care physicians, PAs, NPs, students/residents/fellows, nephrologists, and dermatologists
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to do the following:
- Discuss clinical trials basics
- Recognize lupus symptoms and lupus-related health disparities
- Recognize the definition of a clinical trial referral and discuss the clinical trial referral process, as well as how clinical trials sites and providers can utilize the MIMICT model
- Identify communication strategies to build trust between patients, providers, and principal investigators
- Identify culturally-competent communication strategies to use when interacting with patients
Registration is complimentary.
CME and MOC Information
The American College of Rheumatology is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The ACR designates this enduring activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activities.
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 1.0 MOC point in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider's responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
By completing this activity you provide the ACR permission to share completion data with the ACCME and the certifying board(s).
Faculty and Disclosures
ACR Disclosure Statement
It is the policy of the American College of Rheumatology (ACR) to ensure that Continuing Medical Education (CME) activities are independent and free of commercial bias. To ensure educational content is objective, balanced, and guarantee content presented is in the best interest of its learners' and the public, the ACR requires that everyone in a position to control educational content disclose all financial relationships with ineligible companies within the prior 24 months. An ineligible company is one whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients. Examples can be found at accme.org.
Nature of Financial Relationships
Faculty participating in an ACR-sponsored activity must disclose to the planning committee and audience all financial relationships with ineligible companies any financial or other relationship(s) with a ineligible company including, but not limited to:
- Advisor or review panel member
- Officer or Board Member
- Grant/research support
- Speaker/honoraria includes speakers bureau, symposia, and expert witness
- Independent contractor
- Ownership Interest
- Intellectual property/patents
- Stock options or bond holdings in a for-profit corporation or self-directed pension plan
- Other financial or material support
None: Has no relevant financial relationship(s) with ineligible companies to disclose.
- Allen Anandarajah, MD (Content Planner, Author, Reviewer) - No relevant financial information to disclose
- Saira Z. Sheikh, MD (Content Planner, Author, Reviewer) - No relevant financial information to disclose
- J. Christopher Reed, JD (Content Planner, Author, Reviewer) - No relevant financial information to disclose
- Michelle Wimes, JD (Content Planner, Author, Reviewer) - No relevant financial information to disclose